AS9100 is a widely adopted and standardized quality management system for the aerospace industry. It was released in October, 1999, by the Society of Automotive Engineers and the European Association of Aerospace Industries. AS9100 replaces the earlier AS9000 and fully incorporates the entirety of the current version of ISO 9000, while adding requirements relating to quality and safety.
Major aerospace manufacturers and suppliers worldwide require compliance and/or registration to AS9100 as a condition of doing business with them.
Prior to development of AS9100 standards for Quality Management Systems, the U.S. military applied two specifications to supplier quality and inspection programs, respectively, MIL-Q-9858A, Quality Program Requirements, and MIL-I-45208A, Military Specification: Inspection System Requirements. For years these specifications had represented the basic tenets of the aerospace industry. However, when the U.S. government adopted ISO 9000, it withdrew those two quality standards. Large aerospace companies then began requiring their suppliers to develop quality programs based on ISO 9000.
AS9100 D 8.4.3. REQUIREMENT
Our Organization requires that the External Provider shall maintain the proper identification and revision status specifications, drawings, process requirements, inspection/verification instructions and other relevant technical data.
Our organization reserves the right of final approval of product and services, methods processes and equipment, and the final release of products and services.
Our Organization requires that all special processes required by this purchase order must be performed by competent qualified personnel
Our organization reserves the right to identify the requirements for interaction with our external providers including. The use of interactive documentation. The use of email/Fax Documented confirmation methods of all verbal interactions.
Our organization reserves the right to monitor our external provider’s performance including. Supplier Risk Quality of product or service delivered.
time delivery of product or service.
Our organization reserves the right to designate requirements for verification or validation activities that we or our customer, intend to perform at the external providers’ premises
Our organization reserves the right to approve or specify any designs, tests, inspection plans, verifications, criteria for design and development required by our organization from an external provider.
Our organization reserves the right to approve or specify any special requirements, critical items, or key characteristics;
Our organization reserves the right to approve or specify any test, inspection, and verification (including production process verification); Our organization reserves the right to approve or specify the use of statistical techniques for product acceptance and related instructions for acceptance by our organization;
Our organization reserves the right to require the need from External providers to:
- Implement a Quality Management System and we reserve the right to review and approve the External Providers Quality Management System.
- Require that the External Provider uses customer-designated or approved external providers, including process sources (e.g., special processes)
- Require the External Provider to notify our organization of nonconforming product or services immediately upon discovery, and obtain our organizational approval for nonconforming product disposition.
- Wherever applicable our organization reserves the right to require external providers to show evidence of processes to prevent the use of counterfeit parts.
- The External Provider is required to: Notify our organization of changes in product and/or process, changes of suppliers, and changes of manufacturing facility locations, our organization reserves the right to approve such changes.
- All External Providers are required to: Flow down to the supply chain the applicable requirements including customer requirements.
- Our Organization reserves the right to require External Providers to provide test specimens for design approval, inspection/verification, investigation, or auditing.
Our Organization requires that all External Providers are to retain all records associated with the purchase orders for a minimum of 10 years or as required by contract.
Our organization requires the disposition of such documents to be controlled in accordance with the requirements of applicable QMS’s.
Our organization reserves the right of access by our representatives, our customers, and any regulatory authorities to the applicable areas of all facilities, at any level of the supply chain, involved in the order and to all applicable records.
Our Organization reserves the right to require and request evidence of External Providers ensuring that their personal are aware of:
- their contribution to product or service conformity;
- their contribution to product safety;
- the importance of ethical behavior.
AS 9100 Aerospace Manufacture